Know Your Online Rights & Responsibilities
Are You a Cyber Citizen?
If you actively use the internet to advance your business and professional endeavors, you are a cyber citizen and this book is for you. As
a good cyber citizen, you want to stay legal online and protect your online interests.
Who Needs this Information?
Companies and individuals who maintain a professional online presence including those who blog, podcast, operate a website, publish an email newsletter,
host a fan site, or offer original content on a social networking site
The Cyber Citizenís Guide Through the Legal Jungle :
See the table of contents.
- covers specific online activities including fan sites, blogs, podcasts, social media, and wikis
- addresses legal issues that arise during each step of establishing and maintaining your online presence including copyright, trademark,
defamation, and privacy laws
- explains how to protect your original online content with copyright registration methods that can maximize your rights, streamline paperwork,
and lower your filing fees
- explains how to select and protect a domain name, and how to avoid domain name disputes
- includes a 50+ page appendix with sample completed copyright and trademark registration forms, a glossary, and other resources
About the Author
Author Joy R. Butler is an entertainment, intellectual property and business attorney who regularly assists clients with their online activities.
Read Ms. Butler's full bio.